Friday, July 16, 2010

I {heart} stamping

Hi everyone!!! Thought I would post another layout from the "to be posted on the blog" pile. :) And it's my friend Tracey's favorite layout. :) It was in June's ScrapStreet magazine.


That big butterfly is a stamp from Tattered Angels. I stamped it twice on white cardstock. One of them was for another project. Then I cut them out. Afterwards, I was looking at that white piece of cardstock and thought it looked so cool with the butterflies cut out of it...so I used it! :) I put patterned paper behind them. I even did my journaling around one of them. I do like how it turned out...another idea you can do with your scraps/leftovers! :) Here are some close up's:



And don't forget about ScrapStreet's current calls! I hope you submit! :)

Have a wonderful Friday!






Supplies:
Paper and Pearls: Prima Marketing, Cardstock: American Crafts, Alphabet Stickers: October Afternoon, Stamp: Tattered Angels, Ink: Stampin’ Up!, Specialty Ink: Tattered Angels, Pen: Sharpie, Floss: DMC, Wood: Studio Calico, Adhesive: Helmar.

13 comments:

Nathalie Kalbach said...

what a great idea- love this!

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

Great page! I love using butterflies with boys :-)
~Paula

Unknown said...

What a great LO...I can see why it was chosen for publication!

Unknown said...

Gorgous! Love those big butterfly cutouts!

Cassie_lu said...

beautiful layout and the cut out butterflies looks amazing :)

Renee Lamb said...

I love the butterflies and how you designed this page! perfection!

Anonymous said...

the butterfly stamp is beyond beautiful, love the journaling around the cut out!

Keshet said...

Love this, Pamela! What a cool page!

Melissa said...

Well how clever is that!

@JoyceCasaldi said...

That photo is priceless!

li-bee-ti said...

Like I commented over Scrapbook challenges - this lo is awesome!
Now that I read the details of how you've made it, it looks even more awesome to me :).
Very inspiring!
TFS.

Helen said...

That butterfly is gorgeous! I love this layout and the "don't blink" sentiment is wonderful!

kate blue said...

love that stamp! I'm stamp challenged but am actually gonna pull them out today and try something!